Sparky's Pals, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Texas corporation located in Dallas, dedicated to animal welfare and providing humane education to the public. We are not a shelter or a rescue group. There are many available rescue groups in the Dallas area, so we decided to focus on education to try to stop pet overpopulation before it starts.
Unlike trainers who educate your pets (and you), we educate people. We would like to change people's attitudes and behaviors towards pets, which we believe would help towards lessening the number of pets abandoned on the streets and left at shelters.
We educate the public about animal welfare issues to help provide safe and happy forever homes for pets.
Our areas of focus include:
- Educating potential pet owners on proper pet care and treatment of animals, including proper expectations and costs
- Educating the population on spay/neuter benefits to help prevent unwanted pets
- Educating adopting families to assist in integrating new pets into their homes
Our goals include:
- Providing low-cost spay/neuter and vaccinations for families in need through the Maxinations program
- Assisting the elderly keep their pets happy and healthy through the Rose Pesce Fund