Show Your Pets You Love Them
Here’s some suggestions:
- Make sure they are spayed or neutered. It’s best for their health, AND it will prevent unwanted litters.
- Make sure they get a heartworm preventative each and EVERY month.
- Make sure to use flea and tick preventative every month.
- Be sure they have fresh water and nutritious food each day.
- Take them to see a veterinarian at least once a year for a check-up and their vaccinations.
- Protect them from predators – both animal and human.
- Have accurate ID tags on them at all times, or better yet, have them microchipped!
- Give them plenty of supervised exercise.
- Remember that they are pack animals – keep them in your home so they are true members of your family.
- Snuggle with them whenever possible! It’s good for them, and it is really good for you!